Job Reference: NE12022019
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection are Currently recruiting a Class 1 (C+E) HGV Driver to fill a vacancy for an outstanding, national client of ours based in North Shields. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class 1 HGV Licence and must have a Valid CPC and Digi Card.
This operation predominately works on a Monday to Friday basis - although the occasional Saturday may be required depending on business requirements. Start times are 0600 and shifts usually last approximately 12 hours long.
The work will involve either local work or trunk runs to our clients other depots in places like Glasgow and South Yorkshire.
Requirements of the Class 1 HGV Driver:
- Class 1 Driver (HGV) with Valid CPC and Digi Card
- 2 years Class 1 driver experience
- Must have no more than 6 points on licence
- No DD/DR Endorsements
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class 1 HGV Driver:
The starting salary for this position is £10.00 per hour (PAYE)/£11.00 per hour (Limited Co.) and can rise to as much as £15 per hour (PAYE) / £16 per hour (Limited Co.) when working overtime.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Own transport required
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Weekend Work
For more information call Chris or James on 0191 2302007