Job Reference: GUBBEDDRIV
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection Employment Group are currently seeking x 28 7.5tn Drivers for DHL's (Benson for Beds) new depot based in Farnborough.
This is on a 16 week temp-to-perm basis with guaranteed hours and a permanent job at the end of this period. Monday to Friday role with immediate and future starts for those available straight away or in the future.
DHL is a distributor for Benson for Beds to customers throughout the south east of England. We are looking for candidates who are keen to drive as well as deliver this furniture into customer homes, heavy lifting will be involved.
Responsibilities of the 7.5tn Drivers
- Operate a 7.5tn vehicle to local areas, making deliveries, product pick up, etc.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working alongside a drivers mate to deliver and install furniture into customer homes. This is a customer facing role, although you wont be taking orders, you will be entering homes, so a courteous manner is required.
Requirements of the 7.5tn Drivers
- Cat C1 Licence
- CPC and Digi Tacho
- Maximum of 6 points
- Verifiable references, 2 years worth
Compensation of the 7.5tn Drivers
- £11 p/h PAYE
- 6:00 am starts working Monday to Friday during training period then going onto a 5 days out of 7 rota, meaning some weekends will be required, Guaranteed 48 hours per week.
- Temporary to Permanent Role, 16 weeks temporary then a permanent job at the end.
- Basic Health and Safety/Manual Handling training is given.
If you are interested in this role then please don't hesitate to contact Westley or Christopher in the Guildford office today.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C1
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided