Job Reference: GL231020
Higher pay rate is achieved by: See below for details
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our client in Gloucester produce high quality metal automotive pressings and sub assemblies and are looking for Press Operators and Robotic Weld Operators. This is ongoing work, with the potential to become permanent after a qualifying period. Previous factory/manufacturing experience is desirable. Full uniform provided.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operating presses. Loading and unloading the components to achieve hourly build targets to meet customer requirements
- Checking parts as they complete the pressing process for splits, burrs and excessive oil
- Completing quality checks on start up to ensure parts are being completed to the correct standard
- Packing and palletising of completed components ensuring correct labelling on stillage.
- Assisting in changeover of dies
- Operating robotic welding equipment. Loading and unloading press components to achieve hourly build targets to meet customer requirements.
- Ensuring all quality checks are completed on components, ensuring these are carried out to our quality standards and procedures
- Reporting of faults to team leader to minimise downtime..
- Completing production paperwork accurately
- Supporting 5s activities within the department
- Forklift trained with current counterbalance licence is an advantage
- Keeping area and machines clean and tidy throughout the day
- Following instructions to ensure maximum effectiveness and to adhere to safety guidelines
- Willingness to multi-skill and prepared to learn processes.
Hours of work & pay rates
- AM Shift - 0600–1450 (Monday–Thursday), 0600-1210 (Friday)
- PM Shift - 1620-0105 (Monday–Thursday), 1240-1910 (Friday)
- Shifts rotate weekly
- AM Shift £9.00 per hour (rising to £9.94 after 12 weeks)
- PM Shift £10.61 per hour (rising to £11.94 after 12 weeks)
- Overtime available
Benefits of working for The Best Connection Group Ltd include:
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Weekly pay
- Pension contribution
- On-going assignments
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided